Chapter Director Job Announcement
Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Foundation
Monterey and Santa Cruz, California
The National Marine Sanctuary Foundation (Foundation) seeks a highly motivated individual to serve as Chapter Director for the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Foundation. The Foundation seeks an individual with experience in fundraising and organizational development who has a strong network of relationships in communities that surround Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary (NMS). Applicants should possess knowledge of non-profit organizations and experience in building and working with a governing board. The candidate should bring an entrepreneurial mindset and be excited about building a new fundraising program for the local foundation chapter. This is a full-time position based in the offices of Monterey Bay NMS in Monterey and Santa Cruz, CA.
The Chapter Director will work closely with the chapter governing board, the Superintendent of the Monterey Bay NMS, and the National Marine Sanctuary Foundation to support the mission and programs of the Monterey Bay NMS and strengthen local and regional public outreach and engagement in support of the sanctuary. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Work with the chapter governing board to support the mission of the Monterey Bay NMS;
● Develop an annual work plan engaging the chapter governing board, the national Foundation, and the Monterey Bay NMS;
● Create, lead, assess and manage the local chapter’s fundraising strategies to support programs that support the conservation of Monterey Bay NMS;
● Work with the national Foundation to write grants on behalf of the local foundation chapter;
● Work with the national Foundation’s Director of Development to design and implement strategies to cultivate and grow major, principal and corporate donor programs;
● Work with governing board members to develop and plan fundraising events;
● Represent the local foundation chapter at third-party events that strengthen community engagement and outreach about Monterey Bay; and,
● Maintain the local chapter website and social media engagement, including drafting content.
For full job announcement, visit the National Marine Sanctuary Foundation webpage.